Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Write More, Procrastinate Less

Some days I'm so into writing, it's crazy. Other days, writing is the last thing I want to do. I'll run around my house, literally avoiding my computer. A lot of writers only write when the muse strikes. Unfortunately for me, my muse has a day job and neglects me a lot (yes, I have attachment issues). If I don't set aside time (and a word count!) to write, then nothing gets done.

I also invent lots of new ways to procrastinate. Like redoing my YouTube Page and researching better lighting for my vlogs. It's not good. At all. I'm not even halfway through Wishes, Maybe, and it's been three weeks!


Enter in the schedule for the next two-three weeks. I'm not going to set an exact time for writing, because, honestly, that never works out. There's always a last minute something that needs to be done. But I will be setting word count goals. PLEASE HELP ME TO STICK TO THEM!!! Normally I'm very self-motivated, but I could always use some help!

So, the daily word count is...

*DRUM ROLL*

...3,000. If my calculations are right, Wishes, Maybe will be completed in 14 days. 

Bring it on, writer's block!

No comments:

Post a Comment