Thursday, May 28, 2015

Editing Reaction, LOTR Style

Last week I finished editing one of my books, Wishes, Maybe. Also last week I binge-watched the entire LOTR series (not The Hobbit, sorry. I'm pretending that was never filmed). Now the two activities will be forever merged in my mind. The last seven days went sort of like this:

1. Opening up Wishes, Maybe to start editing.


I really missed my characters. It was a wonderful reunion

2. Reading the first few paragraphs.


Reading/editing makes me hungry. Don't ask why.

3. Finding that first awkward phrase/typo.


Bring. It. On.

4. Realizing my writing sucks.


I've wasted my life writing this book!!

5. Admitting that my book isn't that bad.


I'm so over-dramatic. This is actually pretty good!

6. Reading that scene I don't remember writing.


Where did you come from?
7. Finishing my edits, at long last.


Let's do it again!

And this gif, just because.
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment