Thursday, May 5, 2016

Goal Time

As I've sworn before, telling people your writing goals makes a difference.

It makes you stick to them.

Which is why I'm updating you on my dismal progress.

Slow progress is being made with THESE WICKED WATERS. I feel like I've been editing this book forever. Maybe I'm having a hard time with motivate because there is so much work to do. I have pages of pages of notes left to enact, and I'm halfway through the novel!

Thus, I've set the following goal for myself: edit one chapter of TWW a day.

Yes, the number's a little underwhelming, but doable. That way I don't feel like a failure at the end of every weekday. That'll be a nice change.


Now for a new manuscript! Any of you remember SECOND-HAND SCAVENGERS? Well, I'm prepping it for entry into Ink & Insights! Placing third last year earned me a free entry, and boy am I going to use it! 

The goal for this novel is a lot simpler: finish editing 10,000 words by Saturday--Monday at the latest.

I can totally do that.

...Right?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment