Thursday, March 10, 2016

A Twist in Routine

Confession time. Ready?

I struggle with acne. Not horrible, full blown, all-over-my-face acne. But it's not just the occasional pimple either (and it really affects my self-esteem, if I were honest). I've gone through dermatologist after dermatologist, cream after cream with no real relief. After some research on the glorious thing we call The Internet, I found one final option: A Naturopath.

A week or so ago, I took an hour drive to see A Naturopath. Long story short, she gave me a regimen to follow for a while to first see if the dreaded acne is stemming from any food allergies (even though I strongly doubt this, I'm willing to give anything a go).

Enter in the liver detox. The last week I've been gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, and egg free.

If you know me at all, this is a huge challenge. Just check out my bio. See that "food loving" bit? Well, you can translate that into "junk food."

This week-long detox has been difficult, but it's also subtly inspired me.

While I stood over the stove yesterday afternoon, jealous of half my family sitting by the firepit cooking hotdogs, simultaneously sauteeing onions and celery that would go into my quinoa concoction...


Prickling began in my fingertips. An idea was forming.

What is it, you ask? I'm not entirely sure. I know two things:

1. I really need to write this down.

and 2. The main character in my next book is going to be a really quirky girl who loves to cook.

What's the plot? The conflict? The side characters?

Yeah, I've got no idea.

But if you guys followed my blog series Idea to Pages, you should know...

This is just the beginning.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment