Thursday, October 1, 2015

Put the "Pro" in PROcrastinate

I'm participating in NaNoWriMo this year. In fact, I'm planning on writing the entirety of SECOND-HAND SCAVENGER in November. Only one problem.

I'm a plotter. 

Okay, maybe two problems.

One: I'm a plotter.

Two: I haven't plotted anything.

This issue is in part due to laziness, but also procrastination, plain and simple. I suffer terribly from a lack of butt-to-chair syndrome. At least, in the beginning. Once I'm rolling, it takes a lot to pry me away. Like that time I wrote a book in two weeks...

It's just the whole getting started business that laughs in my face.


Are you in the same boat? Do you have an awesome idea, but you can't quite force yourself to work on it?

Sign up for NaNoWriMo. Trust me. Though November seems like light years away--today is the first day of October. Time is of the essence. You and I better get to work!

The race...is on!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment