Thursday, October 15, 2015

Looking Back

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." --Lao Tzu

This past week, while procrastinating from what I should've been doing (plotting SECOND-HAND SCAVENGERS), I rediscovered some old, cringe-worthy stories of mine. 

I, like many authors attest, started writing when I was little. Let's say as early as ten. Almost thirteen years later (I turn 23 on October 23rd!) I have a handful of completed, and a larger pool of unfinished, stories to my name.

Clicking through documents last opened in 2005, I couldn't help but smile (and wince).

Just for fun, I thought I'd share a couple lines from a few of the books I've written (novellas, really). Don't worry-- I'll spare you the Sailor Moon fanfiction devoid of proper punctuation and paragraph breaks.

"Kika found herself running to Tokyo Tower as the screaming became more audible.  She soon saw before her a small girl shrieking as she was being trapped by a large Oakwood tree.  Kika blinked, this is getting weirder and weirder." --Myst Princess, June 29, 2005

"Rei screamed a loud kiyap to distract Xander, which as she thought, it worked extremely well.  Xander froze like a deer in headlights and blinked." --Fairies, November 11, 2005

"Around me I only say ten remaining men from my ship.  Slowly the pirates were over-powering us, but I didn’t care.  If I was going to die, then I was going to die fighting." --The Black Dawn, April 27, 2006

"My swordstick lay where I had left it the previous night, behind the barrels of water.  I took it out, watching for any signs of my younger sisters.  They would die for a stick like this.  I reasoned with myself." --Times of War, July 4, 2006

Phew. That was painful. And these are just a select few of the stories I wrote. Some of them are even on paper--can you believe that? A time before computers were a common thing!

Well, now that I've eaten a large portion of humble pie, I'm going to go beg my little sister for some of her Layne Family Famous chocolate cookies.

Or cheesecake. I never turn down a good cheesecake. I hear they have pumpkin cheesecake out right now...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment