Thursday, June 4, 2015

It Takes Dedication

It may come as a surprise to you readers, but sometimes I really don't want to write a blog post.

I like to think I'm not the only one out there occasionally bitten by the "lazy bug." But if I were honest, sometimes it's more than just laziness. I feel like my posts are unimportant. That they're just floating in cyberspace without anyone to read them.


That's also how I feel about my books, too. They're just hanging out there on my laptop's hardrive, not being read. They're not even collecting dust on a bookstore shelf!

Writing is the most exciting and heart-rending career in the world.

But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love what I do. And that love--that passion--keeps me going.

Even when the odds are stacked against me and getting published seems impossible.

If you're feeling discouraged, don't give up. You never know what opportunity might be waiting around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment