Thursday, February 19, 2015

It's In the Name

You think my childhood confusion over Sauron and Sarumon would've taught me a lesson.


It took me twelve years to get the LORD OF THE RINGS villains straight--and sometimes I still get confused. Any writer will tell you to try to keep your character names varied in sound and length. Somehow while writing THESE WICKED WATERS, I forgot that.


Now I've got four characters with the following names:

Tamara
Tamar
Benny
Ben


Yeah, I really don't know what I was thinking while writing. Though these characters are worlds different to me and I can tell them apart, the same might not be said for a reader.

Alas, I'm going to have to do some switching around. If only I hadn't gotten so attached! Luckily baby names searches are my friend.

To the Internet I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment