Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The End of a Novel

20 days of writing...

4,000 words/day (give or take)...

88,451 words later...

And SECOND-HAND SCAVENGERS is complete! 


Well, as complete as the first draft of a novel can get. Trust me when I say that this book will need a lot of work. But not this week! This week I'm taking off writing as a sort of Thanksgiving break.

Editing picks up again on November 30th (that's a Monday).

Final thoughts about NaNoWriMo?

Phew.

Oh, and yay. Because I now have my seventh book completed. It's such an amazing and rewarding feeling.

Okay, okay, I know I should probably be more chatty about how NaNo's been for me this time around and my feelings about it... But I'm kind of talked out. If you want to know the ins and outs (day by day, nonetheless!), click here.

Finished NaNoWriMo too? Not sure of what to do next?

First on the list should be a delicious Thanksgiving meal and well-deserved rest. Second (after said rest) will be lots of editing. Third, if you're feeling particularly crazy Camp NaNoWriMo picks up in April...

I'll just leave that tidbit of information with you. I'm not feeling particularly crazy at the moment.

Keyword: at the moment.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment