Tuesday, November 17, 2015

How Growing Out Bangs is Like Writing

I've decided to grow out my bangs. A hairstyle I've sported for almost ten years. TEN YEARS.

At the same time I've been slogging through NaNoWriMo, trying to hit my 80,000 word goal before December 1st arrives.

Combine the two and what do you get? This post.

How Growing Out Bangs is Like Writing:

1. It seems like a great idea at first. You're excited.
    Bangs: Woo-hoo! I've been waiting too long for this!
    Writing: This is an AWESOME idea!


2. Then a few days later you just can't handle it and want to give up.
    Bangs: They're all over the place, but I can't pin them up. My forehead is so naked!
    Writing: Why. Is. This. So. HARD?!


3. Finally relent and hear a joyful chorus. 
    Bangs: Pinning bangs so awesome. And easy! Low maintenance hair, here we come!
    Writing: The words are flowing, things are happening. 80,000 words, I'm on my way!


4. The mistake: looking back.
    Bangs: But I looked so cute with bangs (and they're so good at hiding blemishes). Maybe this was a bad idea...
    Writing: Eek. There are so many mistakes and inconsistencies. I should an edit.


5. Determination sets in.
   Bangs: Look at all these people without bangs. They're goregous. I can do this.
   Writing: Everyone is hitting their word counts, and I'm ahead. No editing. Just writing!


See what I mean? So much in common!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment