Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Writer's Best Friend

As I began prepping for my next book, I came to a sudden realization.

What would I do without the Internet?

No, seriously. Think about it. Before the Internet, writers would do things like this:


And this:

And this:


...Okay, maybe not that. But the Internet is a huge tool that has become so ho-hum and humdrum. Without it, I'd be plopped down in a library for hours (not that I don't already do that...). Instead, say I have a simple question while plotting. Like... "When did the Titanic sink?"

A few clicks, a dash of keystrokes, a quick scroll and selection--then, BAM! My answer. The whole process only eats up seconds.

So, let's take a moment and give a toast to the writers of old. Writers who didn't have a wealth of information at their fingertips and had to go about it the hard way.

Here's to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment