Thursday, November 6, 2014

Got Magic?

This week I rescued a boy from drowning in a half-frozen river, soared above the streets of Manhattan, and returned to the arms of my husband after six months away...

Hold on a second. One, I'm a horrible swimmer. Two, I can barely walk without falling, let alone fly. And three, I'm 100% single without any prospects of a fiance, let alone husband!

So how exactly did I do all those things this week?

I read a book.

                                   

Books may be physically composed of paper and ink, but they are truly made up of magic. They act as a transportation device, hurling you into the minds of different character, forcing you to wage battles against impossible foes, placing you at the head of a rebellion.

                                                 

Seriously, magic.

Which is why when I heard people say that they don't like reading (after I get over my initial horror and shock), I ignore them. They just haven't found the right book yet.

Luckily I have. In fact, I've got a huge stack of books from the library waiting for me. The only thing holding me back from reading is NaNoWriMo, but more on that later. As in Thursday.

To quote Stephen King, "Books are uniquely portable magic."

No comments:

Post a Comment