Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Slight of Hand

Any writer knows, typing speed is important.

The faster you type, the faster your book is written.

Not to brag, but a childhood of typing stories (which I vow to never, ever share with you guys) has skilled my chubby fingers to type 120 WPM. This has given me an edge in NaNoWriMo and just writing in general.

But as it turns out, 120 WPM comes with a price.

I think I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel in my left hand.


It's not unbearable. But at times (like right now as I'm typing this blog post after writing a few other emails), my wrist and palm have a weird, slight tingle to them.

Don't worry too much, though! I have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor scheduled, well... today! By the time this post goes live, I'll already have braved a doctor's office.

To be honest, I didn't want to go to the doctor for my rebellious left hand. I want to just buy a brace and deal. But then my dad convinced me. He said, "Emily, your hands are your craft. You need to take care of them." 

So, I am.

And if you to are struggling with something of the sort, I recommend you do too.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment