Thursday, April 14, 2016

Classics Challenge: Mid-Month Update

Wait, it's mid April already? Wow. Where did the time go?

Luckily I am making progress with this month's Classics Challenge: A Tale of Two Cities. Sort of. Okay, I'll admit it took me a long time to get into Dickens' novel. There were moments where I had no idea what was going on, if my Facebook post is any indication.

If any of you are reading along, I'd say Chapter 5 is where things start to make sense (though there are still a few passages that boggle me). While Dickens does have a penchant for unnecessary descriptions and paragraphs that I'm 98% sure are pure satire, the story is interesting. I already have a sort-of crush on Charles Darnay, a falsely accused young Englishman.

As far as the ending, I have no idea what to expect. I've never seen a movie based off of the book. All I know is that the French Revolution is going to be involved somehow--which is always a very scary "war" for me to read about. As a kid, I read Sovay and was terrified. 

Hopefully that won't happen with A Tale of Two Cities.

That said, I'm only on page 150 out of 400+, so I've got some work ahead of me. But I'm looking forward to it.

...I think.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment