Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Favorites

For the last month I've been on a restrictive diet to help with a breakout of candida-related acne on my face. By that I mean no refined sugars, limited fruits, no yeast, and low carbs. 

It's been painful. Just ask my family who's had to put up with my whining and moping.

I've still got another week on the diet, but my naturopath gave me the "ok" to enjoy myself on Thanksgiving. She probably didn't realize what she was allowing when she said this...


Anyway! I wanted to share my all-time favorite pumpkin pie recipe with you. This dessert has been the bane of my family Thanksgivings ever since my mom discovered it. And, ever since my aunt accidentally made it in a blender due to my mom's mis-typed instructions (she meant mixer, not blender!), it has lovingly been dubbed "Blender Pie."

DOUBLE LAYER PUMPKIN PIE
"BLENDER PIE"

Ingredients:
  • 4 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese softened
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups of thawed cool whip
  • 1 homemade pie crust (basically butter and mashed graham crackers)
  • 1 cup of cold milk
  • 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
  • 2 packages (4-serving size) Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions (easiest to use a mixer):

Mix cream cheese, 1 tbsp milk and sugar in large bowl, whisk until smooth. Gently stir in thawed cool whip. Spread on bottom of pie crust.

Pour 1 cup cold milk into bowl. Add pumpkin, pudding mixes and spices. Beat until well mixed (mixture will be thick). Spread over cream cheese layer.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Enjoy!

Have a delicious and a Happy Thanksgiving!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment