Tuesday, September 20, 2016

My Kind of Research

Back in school, I hated the mention of research. Even now the word elicits nightmares of MLA, APA, in-text citations, and avoiding plagiarism at all costs. Yuck.

But as a writer, research is so much more fun. Trapped in the days of term papers, I had to research using "trusted, scientific" sources. As a writer? 

Keep reading, and you'll see.

Currently, I'm editing THE KILLING WISH, a YA mystery about genies, killings, and a boy who wants to be a lawyer. To get into this boy's head, I've been doing some legal research, yes. But I've also been doing much more entertaining research.

I've been watching Suits.

On top of being a great legal drama, it's given me great characteristics and vocabulary for my dear male MC to use.

Being a writer is so much fun!

I just need to be careful not to binge watch all six seasons...




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment