Thursday, September 22, 2016

Magical Lines

Do you ever find yourself reading a book and stumble upon a line that makes you do this:


Ahh, those magical lines. Beautiful words, beautiful rhythm, beautiful imagery.

It's rare to find such lines. It's rare to right them. But when you do either of both it is so, so, so rewarding. 

I'll admit I have an Anne Shirley way of writing: depths of despair, marble halls, etc. (If you don't know who Anne Shirley is, look it up! Gilbert Blythe is swoon worthy.) It's taken me a long time to find a good balance between too pretty writing and writing that moves the plot along.

A book that really helped me to find the right groove for my style wasn't a "craft" book. It was a fictional YA book. One of my favorite actually.


If you want to read beautiful lines, you better pick this one up.

Do you guys have any favorite lines that you've read or written? You show me yours and I'll show you mine! Or you can just check out my Twitter. I'm a fan of #1linewed. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment