Monday, August 17, 2015

Pitch Wars 2015 Mentee Bio

PitchWars is happening! It's my first tour, and the excitement on Twitter is more contagious than the common cold at an elementary school. I'm jumping in (nixing my usual Tuesday post) and joining the fun at #PimpMyBio.

To quote Mal from Firefly:

"Wash, we got some local color happening. A grand entrance would not go amiss."

Time to roll out the red carpet--or rather, fire up the Get-to-Know-Emily engines.

About Me

First off, my name is Emily--one of the most common girl names from the 90's. I like to consider myself an avid adventurer, but the truth is, I love status quo and routine. I also love chips, sandwiches, and a good book. Sailor Mercury is my spirit animal (except the fact that I hate studying and love to eat in general. So maybe I'm more Sailor Moon...).


My favorite Disney Prince as a kid was Aladdin, and I still haven't kicked the bad-boy/thief bucket quite yet. When I played D&D as a kid, I always picked the skillset of a thief, though I never got very far (they're kinda weak). The idea of stealing always sounded romantic to me.


Hold on, hold on. No, I'm not a kleptomaniac. In fact, I always obey the rules. Even traffic rules. The sign says no "U" turns? Okay! I won't U-turn, even if the person ahead of me (who's supposed to be guiding me to the restaurant) does.

Dear Mentors,

I will be the first to admit I have a hard time with criticism, as much as the next person (as long as the "next person" isn't Ghandi or Mother Theresa or something). But I am desperately in love with my book. And not the surface-level kind of affection. This is a swim oceans, traverse desserts sort of thing. I am ready and willing to make any changes necessary to my book to make it the best it can be.

Pick me!!! Ahem. Sorry. Couldn't help it...

Color me excited and hopeful. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment