Thursday, August 6, 2015

Idea to Pages: Prepping My Muse

Emily Layne's Steps to Write a Book:

Step One: The Inspiration & Jewelry
Step Two: Prepping My Muse

I'm jumping back into the blog series Idea to Pages, and I will discuss Step Two--Prepping My Muse. Believe it or not, I've just started this part of brainstorming today.

It's been a really busy summer, okay?!

Ahem.

Molding My Muse involves a lot of different steps that vary from book-to-book, but two things always remain the same. Pinterest and music. I stalk Pinterest looking for pictures of my characters and their world to really figure out what I want it to look like.

...This unfortunately requires Internet, and I live in an area where Internet is not plenteous. So it's taken me awhile to get to this step.


Music, on the other hand, has already been playing in my mind. My sister, Maddie, being the awesome DJ she is, makes me a CD for every book. Her song choice is stellar (especially considering our music tastes differ) and are the perfect brainstorming background for my work commute.

Here are my top three songs for SECOND-HAND SCAVENGERS...




What about you? How do you spark your muse?

Up next: Building My World

No comments:

Post a Comment