Thursday, April 23, 2015

This Won't Be Like That

A few months ago, I finished writing a book in two weeks. That's right. 62,000 words in 14 days (12, if you count Sunday's, the one day I don't write).

As I started my next WIP, Wishes, Maybe, I assumed I'd knock this one out as fast as the one before it.


Not so much.


The last few days I've gotten frustrated with myself, confused over what's so different about this book that it's taking so long to write (I'm on day six with only 20,000 words). Then my mind snagged on that one word.

Different.

Wishes, Maybe is completely different from my last book. It's about genies, a murder, and it alternates between two POV's in third person--a POV I've never done before. So, I'm tossing out my doubts and concerns that Wishes, Maybe isn't coming along as quickly as my last book. If you find yourself in the same rut, consider doing the same.


Books are works of art, and art takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment