Thursday, April 16, 2015

R&R (The Fun Kind)

In the publishing world R&R stands for "Revise and Resend." Well, in this post, I'm talking about a different kind of R&R. One that requires no work. In fact, it's the exact opposite.

Rest and Relaxation.


These past two weeks have been super busy. On the 10th I came back from a week long missions trip. On the 12th I took a two hour drive (curse you traffic!) to spend the week with my dad since he's away for work. On the 13th I began writing my sixth book. On the 16th I headed home and swung by my grandparents to chauffeur my grandmother to a doctor's appointment. Finally, at 1:34PM, on Thursday, April 16th, I am home for the indefinite future.

I'm tired.


While I could jump into writing (I am seriously excited about this book of mine), I'm not. Instead, I'm going to grab some fun R&R--a Epsom salt bath and at home spa time. After I unpack and do laundry, of course.

As amazing and fun and wonderful as writing is, and though you may be really inspired, sometimes you need to take a day off. Right now my mind is oh-so-very ready to write up a storm. My body? Not so much.

So phone in with yourself. Are you due a day of R&R?

No comments:

Post a Comment