Tuesday, April 28, 2015

S.O.S.!

I had my idea.

I had my characters.

I had my plot outline.

Until my so-called characters gagged and kidnapped me. Pretty sure I'm now their writer. Ransom in the form of Sour Cream & Onion Chips and Now & Laters can be mailed to a later disclosed address.

Okay, on a serious note. I used to read about writers losing control of their stories via their characters. I would roll my eyes and muse that they were just making that up. Well, let me tell you, lovely readers. It. Is. True.


I've spent the last week at the whims of Benji and Eryn. We argued, we procrastinated (a lot), and we gave each other insomnia (pesky, half-asleep plot ideas). Finally, finally, I gave in.

Let me just say, my characters totally knew what they were talking about. Not only do I feel revitalized and ready to write (just need to conquer that procrastination...), but the story feels so much stronger.

If you, like me, ever get kidnapped by your characters, don't fight them. They know what they're doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment