Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Trust It

Sorry for being MIA last week. This thing called snow kept me from accessing reliable internet.


Since I couldn't fulfill my writerly responsibilities, I took last week as a sort of "vacation." From blogging and such anyway. Now I'm back and, like I seem to do on a regular basis, changing plans. Again.


A few posts ago (on my date with Flynn!), I said I would be working on my next book, FRACTURED STARS. Well, something didn't feel right about it. The book itself is the first of a trilogy so lots of planning will be involved. Honestly, I'm not ready for that level of commitment!

So, I trusted my instincts. An idea that simmered in the back of my mind before I started THESE WICKED WATERS has scraped its way to the forefront. This week, planning and plotting starts for my sixth book, WISHES, MAYBE. Stay tuned for details!

Just a quick bit of advice to all you writers out there, do what I did: trust your instincts! Whether it's editing, a plot point, or a new book idea. You know you and your story best. Don't let other people or your own laziness keep you from writing the best book you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment