Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Classics Challenge: THE TIME MACHINE

It feels like it's been forever since I finished THE TIME MACHINE. Which is kind of bad, considering I'm sitting down to write my "cumulative" review of the book.

To be honest, I can't say I liked it. While the concept of the story: a man inventing a time machine and coming back to tell of his adventures (and then vanishing!), was fantastic...

The future H.G. Wells painted was something I couldn't accept.
Maybe it comes down to my core beliefs or maybe my imagination is lacking. Either way, I couldn't allow myself to really enjoy the book because I found this future world the Time Traveler visited so unbelievable.

And I'm not talking in a good way.

But if you like scifi novels with lots of telling (hey, it was a style back then) and an intriguing (if slow) premise, give THE TIME MACHINE a try. Unfortunately, it wasn't for me.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment