Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Times Are Changing

After six months of waiting, I'm finally, finally, FINALLY a full time writer!


Why six months? Well let me give you a little back story.

Back in July I made the decision that payroll (my job at the time) was not for me. I've never had a good relationship with numbers, and I felt like my imagination was being stifled by the 1's, 2's, and 3's of salaries and bonuses. I went to my boss and gave her my notice for the end of July.

Except she needed me to stay a little longer to train my replacement. Long story short, I ended up staying until January 30. Six months.


But that's all in the past. I'm officially a writer. And only a writer. I even changed my employment on Facebook. That makes it doubly official...

I know not everyone can be a full time writer, and I'm aware how blessed I am. I'm 22, I live at home, and have parents who support my writing. It's wonderful and amazing and inspires me to work harder to perfect my craft.

So, here's to a new adventure lying before me.

"Hi, my name's Emily Layne, and I'm a writer."


No comments:

Post a Comment