Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Themed Conditioner & Body Wash

Yeah, I know the title of this blog is weird. In fact, the subject is probably going to be weird too. I know my sister thinks I'm weird for doing what I do.

I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me actually tell you what I do...er, have done.


My WIP, "These Wicked Waters," is set during summer on an island resort. Which means, of course, sand, ocean, sun, etc.

Well, when I was knee-deep in the planning stages of my book, I ran out of conditioner and body wash.


Hello, trip to Target! For girls, choosing the perfect conditioner/body wash is a major undertaking. Unless a girl has a go-to favorite, she ends up wandering the aisle and doing a lot of sniffing. I take one of my sisters with me on these kind of trips so I have a reliable second opinion in the sniffing department.

As I browsed the selections, I settled on Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Conditioner and St. Ives Body Wash Purifying Sea Salt.

Notice anything?

winnie the pooh think gif - Google Search | via Tumblr

I also needed a new water bottle, and chose a Caribbean water colored one.

My sister claimed I was weird, and I honestly thought I was to... Until Monday. I've slowly been making my way through "craft" books. No, not arts and crafts, but writing craft books. The one I'm reading discussed ways to get into the right mindset to write a book. In black and white text I saw the writer admit to getting scented lotion that reminded her of a garden she would be writing about.

Immediately I read the line out to my sister and burst into haughty laughter.


And the full immersion definitely helps motivation and writing. I finished "These Wicked Waters," approximately 62,000 words, in 14 days.

So next time you run out of a conditioner, body wash, etc., consider themeing it up and buying a scent that reminds you of your book.

Unless of course your setting is in the sewers.


No comments:

Post a Comment