Tuesday, December 13, 2016

WOTP Interview: Caitlin Bronaugh, Adult Romance Author

My Wielders of the Pen blog series kicks off with the first category of talented novelists: Writers Yet to Query or Be Published

Click here if you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

Caitlin Bronaugh is here today, offering up some facts of the trade, some fun details about her current project, and some great tips for fellow writers!


To start on a personal note, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Caitlin Bronaugh and I live in Charleston, West Virginia. I work at a bakery as a cake decorator and baker. My boyfriend and I have a catahoula/pit mix named Quinn (or Ninnie) and she is our world. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series although anything by Anne Rice is a close second. Currently my life consists of work and writing and drinking tons of coffee.

What novel are you currently working on? And what is it about in a few sentences?

I'm currently working on THE IDEA OF CONTROL. It's about Adam Walker, a Dom haunted by an abusive childhood and the ghost of Henry, his late father who abused him. He believes he isn't worthy of love until he meets Annabelle James, a local woman who is the farthest thing from submissive. Regardless of their differences, the two start a relationship that enrages Henry and awakens all of Adam's insecurities as he starts to fall in love with Annabelle.

I've got a few others in the works but currently TIOC is my main obsession.
Caitlin and Quinn

If you can remember, where did the idea for THE IDEA OF CONTROL come from?

THE IDEA OF CONTROL has evolved one hundred times since I started writing it. However, the idea originally came from Fifty Shades of Grey. It began as a mash up of FSOG and Beauty and The Beast but has become something else entirely.

Who is your favorite character from your novel and why?

Adam is my favorite by far. I have always had a soft spot for the broken people in novels. They love the fiercest, whether it be their family or a lover and they are the ones who are most deserving.

Do you have any tips for people who have “always wanted to write” but have never actually attempted it?

A glimpse at Caitlin's awesome writing area!
Just do it. I started writing when I was twelve years old and I haven't stopped. What I wrote as a twelve year old was terrible. What I wrote as a twenty year old was slightly less terrible. What I've written as a twenty six year old is much better. The more you write, the more you read, the better your writing will get.

How do you find the time to write? Do you give yourself a strict schedule or do you have a different plan of attack?

I write when I can. I'm not good at keeping to schedules I make for myself. Some nights I only get an hour of writing in. Those are usually school nights. But on my days off or on the weekends I'm up till 2-3 o'clock in the morning, drinking multiple cups of coffee and pounding away at the keys. But regardless, I write every day.

Finally, what are your future aspirations as a writer?

I tend to dream big so naturally I would love to be a NY Best Seller and maybe even have a movie made from my book. But at the end of the day, I just want my novel and all future novels to be enjoyed. So if I never made the NY Best Seller list and never got a movie deal, I would still be completely happy. 

Caitlin, thank you so much for being here today. It was a special treat. And I'm totally coveting that epic typewriter on your desk! Feel free to follow Caitlin and her writing journey on Twitter.

See you next Tuesday for more Wielders of the Pen interviews!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment