Thursday, June 11, 2015

It Only Takes One. It Only Takes One. It Only...

I hate querying.

I really do.

The stats don't looks so lovely for THESE WICKED WATERS. I've been repeating the phrase "it only takes one" over and over in my head. Yet... I'm still largely pessimistic. What if the concept for TWW is too outdated? I mean, sirens aren't hugely popular anymore. But then I tell myself that it's not really about sirens.

Ugh. I'm obviously a bit discouraged. I just want to show up at an agent's office and be like, "Please want me."

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Bubbles-Sad-Crying-In-The-Rain-With-Puppy-Eyes-On-Powerpuff-Girlfs.gif

 Those of you who have followed my blog from the beginning watched as I fielded rejection after rejection for AFTER ALICE. You saw me throw in the figurative towel and move on to another project.

Well, guess what?

As much as I get depressed over and frustrated with the "business" aspect of the literary world (agents have to make tough calls on what will sell--and what won't--I know), I'm not giving up.

THESE WICKED WATERS is worthy of a publishing contract. Just wait, guys. It will be on a bookshelf. Maybe not this year or next year, but one day.

Keep the faith!

P.s. I recorded reaction videos for the first five of my query letters. They'll be up on my YouTube Page on 6.26.15.

No comments:

Post a Comment